Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM)
- We use Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine to assess for any asymmetry or inequalities that exist within a given individual, and work with the patient to correct them.
- This can involve gentle, indirect techniques such as Myofascial Release or Counterstrain, or more aggressive techniques such as Muscle Energy and High Velocity Low Amplitude (HVLA) techniques.
- We are pleased to provide patients with craniosacral therapy. Since 2018, our provider is an accredited member of the Osteopathic Cranial Academy.
- At each visit, you will meet with a physician who will determine the correct care plan and level of treatment needed. Treatment can then be performed at the same visit if indicated.
- Sometimes, additional testing such as blood work or x-rays may be needed before such treatments can begin.
Trigger Point Injections
A relatively quick procedure where an area of muscle spasm is treated using normal saline or lidocaine placed right into the center of the problem area. This seeks to increase blood flow to the area, which helps to remove of the toxic waste products that can develop with these issues, and allow your body to relax and restore the area to normal.
Options such as Proliferative Therapy (Prolotherapy). Click here to learn more about Regenerative Medicine
Issues Common To Pregnancy
Unlike other treatment models, our office’s approach to pain does not rely on medication. In this way, we are able to help women at every stage of pregnancy with multiple musculoskeletal issues. This includes low back pain and other problems associated with the change in the body’s systems. We encourage pregnant women to bring their significant other to their appointment, as some home exercises that require a partner can be taught and used in between treatments. For further information, please contact us.
We now have the ability to perform Ultrasound musculoskeletal exams and Ultrasound guided injections.